Thursday, August 25, 2011

Keaton's First Flat

Keaton had his first flat yesterday...well, actually, it was two flats.  He hooked up the tractor and trailer to my Durango to go mow for two of his customers.  While he was finishing up at the last house, he heard a loud pop from one of my tires...and then saw a gaping hole in it.  His first thought was that a screw flew off from the blower he was starting up and punctured the tire.  His second thought was that one of his customers didn't like his trimming and took a shot at him.  Just kidding.  So, he called me to tell me about the flat.  (It's nice to still be needed...except that I have no idea how to change a tire.)  I told him to call Matt to ask about changing the tire.  Matt couldn't come help, so Keaton did what a good, logical-thinking, resourceful young adult would do...he looked up how to change a tire on his phone.  He had to unhook the trailer and change the tire only to find that the spare tire was flat.  So, he called me again to ask if I could run the portable air compressor over to him.  (Did I mention that it's nice to be needed?  Oh, and did I also mention that this was the one day I didn't do anything to my hair or have on any makeup?)  So, I braved shocking the public and ran over to his rescue.  He was in surprisingly good spirits and willingly posed for a picture to document this scrapbook moment.  Keaton learned that he can be resourceful and calmly handle an unexpected event.  I learned that Keaton really is an adult and can handle an unexpected event (and I really shouldn't worry that he'll be maimed, injured or crushed while changing a tire).  I also learned to ALWAYS have my hair and makeup done...just in case.