Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Campers

We spent last weekend hanging out with Hunter and McKenna.  I picked them up in Charlotte on Thursday.  I only had to use one bad word while driving when an idiot driver nearly side-swiped me trying to pass into oncoming traffic.  (Did I mention what an IDIOT he was?)  I apologized to the kids for using a bad word.  (The funny thing is they said it's okay...they've heard it before.  Hmmm...I'm hoping it wasn't from me.)

We went to Plainwell Ice Cream on their first night here.  Yes, we had to...it's a tradition and it's sooo good.  McKenna and I enjoyed some girl time with pedicures.  We did some grocery shopping on Friday and I spoiled the kids a little.  (Wait, I confess...I spoiled the kids a lot.)  We had lots and lots of goodies to pack in the motor home and then we headed out to Fort Custer when Matt got home from work.  After about 10 minutes on the road,  I smelled gas (not from the kids...but propane).  Sure enough, someone had turned on the pilot light on the stove.  We had a little talk about not touching any buttons or controls while in the motor home.  Well, that talk didn't last long...someone tried to turn on the generator after we arrived at the campground.  So, we had another talk about not touching any buttons or controls while in the motor home.  This time, the talk seemed to work...whew!  We just made sure we didn't leave the keys in the ignition so they couldn't go for a joyride.  ;-)

We had a lot of fun...even with the gazillion mosquitoes and thunderstorms.  We played games, ate a lot of good food (yep, s'mores and chocolate fondue were on the menu), and used up all of our mosquito spray.  Hunter was happy to go on the bike trails with Matt and get all dirty.  McKenna was happy to ride the scooter and practice her ballet while riding.  (She rode with one leg extended out behind her...very graceful.)  McKenna and I made a little scrapbook for Karie when we got home and then the kids went back to their neck of the woods on Monday.  I can't believe how quickly the time went.  We really enjoyed having the kids around.  They were great dog walkers...as long as they didn't have to clean up after Cyrus.  But, that's what Uncle Matt is for!