Friday, February 6, 2015

Small Town Saturday

Matt and I try to have a "Small Town Saturday" once a month where we go to a small town (hence the name), do some shopping in the little shops (my favorite part of the day), and eat at one of the local restaurants (Matt's tapeworm's favorite part of the day).  A few weeks ago, we visited South Haven.  I get many of the signs I've been collecting at a cute little shop there and they're usually on sale during the winter to help draw the tourists in.  I love a bargain and we love helping out the local economy, so it's definitely a win-win situation.  We also enjoyed the best onion rings ever at a great landmark restaurant - Clementine's. They're probably the best onion rings I've ever had!  I'm always sure to take a picture of the stack and send it to Keaton so he'll be jealous.  (He loves Clementine's too.)  After eating and shopping, we headed over to the lighthouse and actually walked onto frozen Lake Michigan for a quick selfie before we started shivering. I love Lake Michigan...but not what it does to my hair.