Monday, August 25, 2014

My New Pretty Bike

I finally got a new bike a couple of weeks ago.  Although I couldn't find a pink sparkly one, I did find one in silver and hot pink.  It's fabulous!  And it's so nice to actually ride something that doesn't make me sore...and has working brakes.  On Saturday morning, Matt and I rode a little over 8 miles on the Kal-Haven trail.  (I didn't want to do anything too crazy and be sore for a week.)  For those of you not familiar with the trail, it was previously an old train route and they removed the rails, put in gravel, and opened up the path to walkers, runners, and bikers.  It's gorgeous...and offers a lot of shade, which was nice since it's been so hot and humid here.  It's 33.5 miles from US 131 to South Haven on the trail.  I have a lot of conditioning before I can even think of riding that far...oh, and a tandem bar so Matt can pull me.