Friday, November 16, 2012

Nip/Tuck

Today's adventure was a trip to the hospital for Matt's hernia surgery...and I'm probably a large factor in causing it. I'll be the first to admit that I over-pack for everything and I can cram a lot of clothes and shoes in my bags for our trips.  Those bags get pretty heavy.  After 22 years of hauling my heavy stuff around, I guess I literally became a pain in Matt's side.  It's still better than being a pain somewhere else.  So, Matt was admitted at 7:30 a.m. and we were back home by 1:30 p.m.  Everything went well and now he just has to rest and not do any heavy lifting.  I guess we won't be able to take any trips for a while...or I'll have to cut down on my packing!


Matt's pre-op pose.
(You can't tell here, but he couldn't get his feet to fit on the bed unless his pillow and head hung off the bed.)
 
Matt's pretty souvenir bracelet.
 
I was bored and didn't have anything else to photograph while waiting.
 
Matt's post-op pose. 
(He was finally able to fit his pillow and head on the bed...but not his feet.)