Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer

Summer is here...finally.  I took my first dip in the pool on July 2.  Let me rephrase that...I got in the pool to clean it on July 2.  Then, I got a little sunburned.  I usually don't burn, so I was pretty surprised to see burn lines from my suit straps.  Later, I was even more surprised to find I had a burn on top of a burn that must have happened while I took off my straps.  Who knew you could get a burn on top of a burn?  It's a good thing I'm not European and go topless!

We headed up to the Hart/Mears area to celebrate Matt's parents' 50th wedding anniversary last weekend.  We enjoyed a day with the family on the beach.  I tried to enjoy the shade since I really didn't want a burn x 3.  So, last week while I was patiently waiting for my skin to heal and bronze, I made mini scrapbooks for Matt's people.  This got me in the mood to scrapbook, so I spent today sorting papers and neatly filing them away in bins...also neatly labeled.  Keaton thinks I'm going to end up on that show, Hoarders.  The only thing I save are papers and mementos for the scrapbooks.  They're all neatly stacked and labeled in plastic bins.  When I finish a scrapbook, I then go through the appropriate bin, select what stuff I want to include in the book, and then recycle all the rest.  I'm so NOT a hoarder.  I have no problem throwing things out.  I guess I'm an anti-hoarder.  Matt, on the other hand, saves EVERYTHING and then some.  I've begun to call him Sanford because he thinks he can find a use for everything...including things I throw away.  All I can say is that Keaton better be very careful of what he thinks or says about me.  I can always put naked baby pictures in his scrapbooks and then share his books with all his friends.