Matt and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Monday. We didn't get to do much celebrating with all of the house selling/buying stuff we had to run around and do on Monday, but we did manage to enjoy a nice lunch. We're planning on taking a trip in the fall to celebrate. In the meantime, I did some updating on a list I made a few years ago. 25 years. In a row. WOW!
25 Rules for Wedded Bliss (At Least Most of the Time)
22. Never, ever ask your wife what's wrong while she's in the middle of eating an entire carton of ice cream. Wait patiently until she's done and then have the kleenex ready...and a bottle of Pepto and/or alcohol.
23. Don't fear PMS. Accept for a few days every month that:
- all of her clothes are horrible and make her look fat and frumpy
- her hair is horrible and just won't do anything
- pretty much everything you say is the wrong thing to say
- you just don't understand her feelings and are wrong
- you just don't understand her point of view and are wrong
- you can't do anything right and are wrong
24. Never, ever, ever, ever leave an empty roll of toilet paper on the holder. Ever.
25. Just accept the fact that your wife is right 99% of the time. Concede and you'll be guaranteed a happy marriage...and life.