Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I know, I know...Halloween was last week, but I just now finally have some time to sit at the computer and update this.  While trying to tackle BOTH computers' serious issues (and creating some new curse words), carving pumpkins (well, Matt did...I cheated and glued buttons on mine), cheering on the Hornets at their game on Thursday, raking leaves, hosting a dinner party, and spending a day at Matt's brother's house, I just haven't had time.  I'm happy to announce that I think I have one computer fixed (pretty much) and my blood pressure is finally beginning to drop a bit. 

So, Halloween here was cold, wet, and gloomy.  We had about 160 trick-or-treaters (half of our usual 300+), so that means that we had some left-over candy...including a full bag of Snickers.  Darn.  Sports was our theme this year and we hung up our K College flag and WMU flag (I like how Matt says the U of M flag won't fit....hmmmm),  and dressed in our costumes (including Cyrus in his Detroit Lions jersey).  We tried to sit on the porch to pass out candy like we usually do, but we got too cold and had to wimp out and move inside.

I hit the store early the morning after Halloween to stock up on some discounted wigs and costumes for future photo opportunities.  Even Cyrus got a new costume...he'll be wise Yoda sometime.  Now I have to find some Star Wars costumes to fit into the theme.  And I'm not wearing the Princess Leia bikini...but maybe Matt will.


Basketball season is getting underway.  K had its first exhibition game against WMU on Thursday night.  The team and parents went out to dinner after the game and it was nice to meet some new parents and talk with the coaches a bit.  Oh, and to visit with Keaton for a bit.  ;-)

We hosted a fondue dinner for our friend's birthday on Saturday.  Three courses of yumminess...if I do say so myself.  I love fondue, but it definitely is a time commitment.  It took me an hour and a half to prepare everything (meat, veggies, fruit, bread, and dipping sauces) and then it took us about 2 hours to eat.  But, I definitely recommend a fondue dinner...when you have some serious time to be able to enjoy it!