Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheers!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day and the Irish love of storytelling (and alcohol), I decided to update my blog and share with you all a wee story. Matt and I picked Keaton up from school for his spring break. He wanted to stop at the store to pick up a video game. I waited in the car because, believe it or not, video game shopping is about as exciting for me as watching golf. I pulled out my phone to text my sister, Karie.

Deb: "It's not fair. I'm bored. We just picked Keaton up for spring break and they're in Game Stop. He's anxious to get home and play video games."

Karie: "Sory you are board." (Ah ha...based on the spelling, I knew McKenna grabbed Karie's phone. She's notorious for texting on her parents' phones.)

Deb: "Hey...is that you, McKenna?"

Karie (a.k.a. McKenna): "i am doing home work"

Deb: "Smart and pretty...wow!!" (Notice how I use proper punctuation in my texts? It might be why I take so long and always seem to hit the wrong buttons.)

McKenna: "i am not the pretty 1 u r!" (Can you see why I love her so, so much?)

Deb: "Flattery will get you everywhere! I'm planning to come hang out with you guys over spring break...or you guys can come here."

McKenna: "I'm up for that:)"

And here's where my texting went to hell. For some reason, an old, incomplete text from my draft box flashed and was sent to Karie WITHOUT ME DOING ANYTHING. I didn't hit the send button. I didn't do anything...except corrupt my sweet, innocent niece.

Deb (Again, the text was sent all on its own.): "As chilly as it is now, I might have to make hot chocolate with buttershots for tomorrow night. He's..."

McKenna: "I'm kenna"

Deb: "I don't know why my last message went out. That was a really old text...ignore that one."

Karie (She quickly took back her phone after McKenna asked about hot chocolate and buttershots. I'm sure she shrieked and ripped the phone from McKenna's hand before I could do further damage...she knows my other texting mistakes.): "I am cooking dinner and unloading the dishwasher so yes it was kenna txtin and she said she can't wait til spring brk!!! She said buttershots sounded good even though she has never tasted them...hahaha!!! Gonna have to keep a close eye on that girl for sure!;)"

Deb: "Sorry about that. That was an old text...I have no idea why it was sent."

Karie: "Thats ok."

Deb: "I'm about to pee my pants from laughing so hard. Keaton just figured out it was a draft that was in my box too long and was automatically sent out. But, one day she'll think i'..."

Deb: "Damn it...I suck at twxting. One day she'll think I'm the coolest aunt."

Karie: "Hahahaha! Hope your Valentine's text isn't in your drafts...lol!"

And that's why I'm not allowed to text children anymore.

Cheers!