Tuesday, February 16, 2016

♥ Valentine's Day ♥

I love, Love, LOVE Valentine's Day!!!  ♥  I love romance and hearts and all things mushy!  ♥  Almost every book I read is a romance novel!  ♥  I tear up every time I see a man on one knee proposing to his love! ♥ I watch 'The Notebook' every time it's on TV!  ♥  I look forward to Matt being romantic on Valentine's Day!  ♥  He's pretty creative and has a romantic soul!  ♥  This year he exceeded my expectations!  ♥ He gave me a box with a piece of concrete in it.  I know that doesn't sound romantic, but it's an actual piece of our history together! He gave me a piece of the movie theater where we had our first date...way back on April 4, 1985. (We were still babies.)  He remembers all of our milestones AND the date of each milestone.  That makes my heart flutter!  (And it's awesome for scrapbooking because I'm horrible with dates.) To me, it's the well-thought homemade gifts from the heart that mean the most.  I made him CDs of the #1 rock songs on Valentine's Day since our first Valentine's Day together.  (He likes rock music, not pop, so this way he can listen to his music when he wants and I'm not switching the station to my music.)  I also made him a cute little sign he could hang in his office.  I hope your Valentine's Day made your heart flutter like mine did!   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥




♥ Thanks, Pinterest, for the inspiration! ♥


We went out to dinner the night before and went shopping. I got new silverware. Happy Valentine's Day to me! (Most women want jewelry.  I'm practical and wanted  new silverware. After 25 years, it's amazing how much of your silverware is missing!)
It was actually more expensive to order replacement
pieces than to just buy a new set!

After we exchanged gifts, I made a lot of goodies for us to enjoy on Valentine's Day.  I started by making caramel cinnamon vanilla heart-shaped waffles and bacon for breakfast.  
Yuck.. He likes his bacon
barely cooked.  Yuck.
Bacon should be crispy.

 Lunch was a heart-shaped homemade pizza...with homemade pizza sauce.

Dinner was Italian Beef sandwiches and onion strings, but I couldn't make those into a heart shape.  
For Matt's chocolate sweet tooth, I made these cute little cookies.  


(Thanks, Pioneer Woman!)

On a side note, Keaton swung by with Autumn on Sunday to borrow our snowshoes...and a hat.  He ran in the house to say a quick hi to us before he left and told us he was surprising Autumn with a snowshoeing adventure and she was waiting blindfolded in the car. He wanted to grab a hat for her since she only had a headband and he didn't want her to be cold. Awwww!  We watched them back out of the driveway and laughed at poor Autumn sitting in the car, wearing a blindfold.  We were just hoping they weren't pulled over after someone reported a kidnapped woman in his front seat!