Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dressing Up

I've had a few chances over the weekend to put down the cleaning supplies, change out of my sweats, paint my nails, and actually get dressed up.  Our friends' son was married on Friday.  Thanks to I-69 being closed due to an accident, we barely took our seats before the ceremony began.  Whew!  It was a close one...not that our friends would be surprised if we were late.  Somehow over the years, my earliness and Matt's lateness have caught up with one another and his lateness has risen to become the victor.  The wedding was lovely and we enjoyed the reception...especially Keaton on the dance floor.  It's amazing how alcohol can help a person find his dance moves.  Keaton even danced with me and I didn't have to threaten him!
 
 
 
 
 
 
On Saturday, Matt and I went to my niece's dance recital.  Instead of giving her flowers after the show, I made her these adorable ballerina cupcakes.  She said she likes cupcakes better than flowers.  It was a good call on my part...and I always LOVE a chance to make something pink and girly.
 
 
 
 
Last night, Matt and I went to see Wicked again.  It was fabulous!  Sometimes I think how nice it would be to live in New York City so we could see show after show after show.  But, then I remember all those people and all that noise and all that traffic.  So, in the meantime, I'll just have to be patient and let the shows come to us.  But, they need to come faster!  I enjoyed dressing up and getting out of the house.  Now, I'm back to real life:  spring cleaning and wearing my sweats.