From Our Sleigh to Yours
The Adams Family's Top Ten List of What Made Us Enjoy 2012
1. Keaton turned 21 and after celebrating with a nice dinner with us, he went out to celebrate with his roommates. That's all we know and all we want to know.
2. Keaton and Matt saved gas money and the environment by carpooling together to work every day over the summer while Keaton worked at his internship. Surprisingly, Keaton was able to stay awake in the car...especially while driving.
3. Matt & Deb took a trip out west to visit The Grand Canyon, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and The Petrified Forest. They spent some time in the Ozarks on the way home and, surprisingly, did not hear any banjo music.
4. Keaton finished his sophomore year at Kalamazoo College and began his junior year...still working toward a degree in computer science. If he double majors with a degree in math, he could potentially become a very well-educated bookie.
5. Matt returned home from nearly two weeks in India for a work-related trip and thankfully didn't smell like curry.
6. Matt made his long-anticipated dream of collecting pinball machines a reality. His collection now contains nine machines and he is a true pinhead. (That's what pinball enthusiasts are called. Really. I'm not calling him a name. Really.)
7. Matt & Deb still dress up for Halloween and enjoyed a sports theme this year: Matt was a short basketball player (we know it's a stretch to imagine, but he was on his knees), Deb was a referee, and Cyrus was a Detroit Lions football player. Keaton wisely chose to stay at school to avoid any embarrassing family photos.
8. Matt had surgery in November, was a very good patient, and Deb didn't have to strangle him.
9. Deb is getting closer to realizing her dream of writing a book. Now she just has to decide if it's going to be "How to Send Your Only Child Off to College While Not Crying Hysterically and Hanging on His Feet While He Leaves" or "300 Ways My Husband Has Tried to Kill Me Over the Years".
10. Cyrus has enjoyed his "pampering" a few times this past year when he developed a gut-wrenching hobble and Deb dutifully carried him around everywhere until he was back to normal. We're still not completely sure Cyrus wasn't faking just so he could get lots of additional doting.