Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Why I'm Not a Good Sleeper

One of the reasons why I'm a horrible sleeper:  trees that fall onto our roof at 3:30 a.m.





Monday night, a HUGE branch from the neighbor's tree fell onto our roof (over our bedroom) in the middle of the night.  We both jumped up in bed and I asked Matt what that crash was.  He said probably lightning.  I'm smart (I know this because I watch a lot of Jeopardy) and told him that lightning didn't make noise.  Since there weren't any storms in the forecast, I went to peek out the dining room windows to investigate because I told him it sounded like Bigfoot crashing into the hose reel and ripping it out of the wall.  We didn't see anything until Matt looked out of our bedroom windows and realized he couldn't see out of them because there was a branch blocking them. (He watches Jeopardy with me.)  Matt went outside with a flashlight and saw the huge branch on the corner of the roof.  Luckily it doesn't look like it did too much damage, other than to the gutter and shingles.  He'll know more when he and his chainsaw-helper crew cut the big branch (60 ft. and 12" in diameter) and roll it off the roof.  I'm just hoping that the tree this branch fell from doesn't decide it likes our yard better and moves over.