Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer Sunday

We spent a lovely, perfect summer day with our friends enjoying the Flat River.  We kayaked for about five miles, enjoyed a delicious alfresco lunch at a nearby restaurant along the river, and then hiked over to the area's covered bridge.  To round out a great adventure (and a reward for all the calories we burned), we stopped for some ice cream on the way home. (Once again, my love of the color pink was noticed...this time at the ice cream shop.  An elderly couple stopped me to ask about my pretty ice cream cone and decided to copy my pretty pink choice of Cotton Candy Confetti. Yum!)

We put our kayaks in the river at Whites Covered Bridge...but unfortunately, it was burned by arsonists last year.
Matt and I had fortunately visited it last year, so we are lucky to have some pictures of the historical bridge.  

Fallasburg Covered Bridge