Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

 
This past weekend was all about Matt...and it should have been since it was Father's Day Weekend. You know, that revered weekend where fathers can sit back, relax, and be waited on hand and foot by their offspring.  Except for Matt.  He doesn't sit still for long.  He ran a 5k with Keaton after work on Thursday, went golfing with Keaton after mowing and fertilizing on Friday, went kayaking with me and some friends on Saturday, enjoyed some fishing on Saturday and Sunday, and finally was able to watch some golf on TV on Sunday after unloading the RV and drying out everything from a weekend of camping.  (I took a nap.  Is there anything more boring on TV than golf?  Oh, I know...fishing.  Yuck.)  Happy Father's Day to my favorite father of our son!  (Maybe one of these Father's Days you'll sit still long enough to take a well-deserved nap with me.) 


They ran a local 5k for a fundraiser. Matt placed second in his age group.
(I don't know if that's good or bad. I think it's awesome unless you ran with 70-year-olds.)


Keaton got his favorite father a new putter. They put it to good use right away.
(Notice Cyrus in the door. He doesn't like to ever be out of the action. He's afraid he might miss a bite of something good to eat.)


Matt caught some fish while kayaking in the Manistee River and didn't tip once.


11.2 miles of paddling down the Manistee River on Saturday wth friends.
Surprisingly, I could still lift my arms on Sunday.