Tuesday, November 13, 2012

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!  I'm sooooo happy not to see any more negative political ads on TV, get annoying phone calls all day and night, or receive TONS of political junk mail!  Life is good again!!  I just shudder to think of all the money candidates put into their advertising campaigns.  Billions of dollars wasted, in my opinion.  Just think of the better choice they all could have made by earmarking most of that advertising money for charity...instead of drumming their pleas on numb ears.  (I don't know about you all, but we totally tuned out all ads after the first week of being bombarded.)  With social media outlets (like facebook and twitter), candidates can get their message out to the voters...FOR FREE!!  Sure, not all voters utilize social media, so I'll even allow some TV ads, phone calls, and mailings.  But the political advertising blitz these last couple of months is unwanted, annoying, and a total waste of money.  It's definitely time for a change in campaign finances. Okay, I'm climbing off my soapbox now.

Keaton voted for his very first time...and we think he totally voted correctly.  I guess he really does listen to everything we've been saying over the years and we're so proud he shares our left-wing beliefs.  We're all thankful we live in a country where we're all entitled to our personal beliefs...however uptight, racist, homophobic, and wrong some people may be.  ;-)