Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Test Subject

I'm so glad that Cyrus is patient (sort of), laid-back (most of the time), and doesn't mind me constantly sticking a camera in his face.  I've been playing with the camera lately and trying to understand it more.  I'm trying to only use manual settings and I think I finally am beginning to understand aperture.  Hallelujah!  I've read books and articles and manuals and it just wouldn't click (pun intended).  It's FINALLY clicking now and so I've been doing a lot of practicing on Cyrus.  I'm glad he's always nearby and ready and willing to be my test subject.  Well...as long as he gets a treat at some point.  Soon, I'll be ready to move onto setting both shutter speed and aperture for fast-moving action shots.  Wish me luck.

low aperture = clear close-up of subject and blurred background