Sunday, July 1, 2012

Rude & Inconsiderate People Rage

I think I have a serious case of road rage.  Well...I'm not sure it's exactly road rage.  I don't drive like a maniac and try to beat people to my destination.  I don't change lanes excessively.  I don't lay on my horn if someone cuts me off or doesn't floor it when the light turns green.  What I have is more like rude, inconsiderate people rage.  I don't like rude and inconsiderate people.  I have no patience for them.  None at all.  I can get pretty creative with the names I call them.  All I ask is that people are kind and considerate.  It's the simple things that make a huge difference and could possibly stop me from wanting to shake some sense into you and/or denting your vehicle (not enough to hurt, just enough to scare).  Here are a few simple rules to follow when I'm out on the road:
  1. Use your turn signal.
  2. Do not drive in the passing lane.  Pass and then get back over in the right lane. 
  3. Do not pull out in front of me and then turn...especially when there's absolutely nobody behind me.
  4. Turn down your radio in the neighborhood...especially at night.
  5. Don't lock/unlock your vehicle with your remote key chain (if it honks) at night...or early in the morning.
  6. If your car alarm goes off in the middle of the night for no reason whatsoever and the next night and the next night and the next night, disconnect it.  Seriously.  Or I just may have to come over and disconnect it myself...with a baseball bat. 
  7. And my personal favorite:  don't wait until the last possible second to merge when there were signs about the lane closure 5 miles ago...and every single mile since.  
So, I may have a slight rage issue to work on.  In my pink and fluffy world, I just want people to use a little common sense and have a little consideration for others on the road.  So, I either need some therapy or I may just have to get an old junky car and start teaching people a lesson.